The Ottawa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) community of practice presents Measuring Success: A showcase on best practices and innovations in monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Are you interested in learning about new ideas and best practices used by Canadian international development organizations in monitoring, evaluation and learning? Many organizations face similar challenges when it comes to monitoring progress, measuring impact, and learning from past experiences. And many organizations have found creative and innovative ways to address these challenges and improve their ability to deliver effective and sustainable development programming.
This showcase will feature presentations from several Canadian international development organizations, including Global Affairs Canada, in a knowledge exchange intended to strengthen Canadian practices in monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Topics to be covered include:
- Setting up M&E, and learning systems
- Defining beneficiaries
- Building accountability
- Leveraging new technologies
- Developing theories of change
- Gender mainstreaming
To learn more about best practices and innovations in M&E, join the MEAL community of practice for this exciting showcase on May 8th, 2017!
Monday, May 8, 2017
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat
199 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON
This free learning and networking event is your opportunity to:
- Discuss good practices and innovations in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning;
- Gain fresh insights on how your own organization compares with, and can learn from, other organizations involved in development cooperation;
- Help inform the future of the Ottawa-based MEAL Community of Practice by sharing your ideas and perspectives with colleagues from various organizations, and;
- Explore the new results-based management (RBM) guide from Global Affairs Canada.
The Ottawa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) community of practice